Lullabies, ritual formulas, debates, vocal exercises, the calls of a shepherd - vocal expressions of different origin overlap and intertwine in La Cage's and Les Cris de Paris' musical-theatre piece directed by Aliénor Dauchez. A dialogue of various oral traditions from different regions of the earth emerges between five female vocalists - aside from sheet music, they play it by ear. Their bodies transform in search of a certain sound, a certain breath of air. Their costumes extend this transformation - the music adopts a visual form through ever-changing garments. "L'Ailleurs de l'autre" is set in the near future. The performers deconstruct clichés of what once was considered "female", ridding themselves of rules and stereotypes. Commissioned works by the composer Hanna Eimermacher frame the performance.
- Musikalische Leitung Geoffroy Jourdain
- Kostüm Aliénor Dauchez und Miriam Marto
- Bühne und Licht Michael Kleine
- Dramaturgie Fabienne Vegt
- Gesang Anaël Ben Soussan, Marie Picaut, Camille Slosse, Michiko Takahashi und Aliénor Dauchez